Woodlawn School is seeking an experienced part-time School Counselor for the 2022-2023 school year. The ideal candidate will address the personal, social, and academic needs of our students PK-12 through individual counseling, facilitating peer mediations, and small group lessons. The counselor will work collaboratively with others to students and faculty, and adhere to the professional and ethical standards of the American School Counselor Association. The ideal candidate will have a MA, MEd or Specialist in Counseling, experience in school setting and be passionate about project-based learning. The is a daily, part-time position (20 hours a week) for 10-months that will report to the Associate Head of School.
The school seeks faculty members who are passionate about their respective areas of expertise, eager to collaborate with other teachers across disciplines, committed to ongoing professional development, and willing to contribute their talents and time to extra-curricular student programming and activities. Woodlawn offers a challenging, integrated academic experience and is accredited by both the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
The successful candidate will provide:
- Individual student personal and academic planning and goal setting
- Short-term counseling for students
- Facilitate referrals for long-term support and provide wrap-around services for students
- Collaborate with families, teachers, administrators, to ensure student success
- Advocate for students and their well-being
- Engage in data analysis to identify student issues, needs, and challenges
To be considered, qualified candidates should attach a cover letter, resume, and any other supporting documents such as letters of recommendation and certificates to Holly Honeycutt, – [email protected]