Woodlawn School is seeking an experienced full-time upper school science teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. The ideal candidate is a curious, enthusiastic leader who models lifelong learning, enjoys working with adolescents, has expertise and a passion for teaching an array of science courses, including but not limited to biology and introductory physics and chemistry. The ability to teach courses such as environmental studies, anatomy & physiology, and/or AP Chemistry would be an additional asset. A strong interest in project-based interdisciplinary curriculum and design is essential.
The school seeks faculty members who are passionate about their respective areas of expertise, eager to collaborate with other teachers across disciplines, committed to ongoing professional development, and willing to contribute their talents and time to extra-curricular student programming and activities. Woodlawn offers a challenging, integrated academic experience and is accredited by both the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a science discipline, education, or a related field; master’s preferred
- Understands and is responsive to the developmental needs of adolescents students and enjoying the journey alongside them
- High degree of flexibility, adaptability, and an adventurous spirit
- Interest in service learning, community building, emotional intelligence, and a passion to actively integrate ideas and curriculum
- Three years or more of classroom experience teaching science to upper school students
- Designer of curriculum and thought leader implementor, that instills a love of the field of science in the lab, and the natural world around us on a 61-acre campus
- Proactive and responsive written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of independent school culture and thrives as a life-long learner
To be considered, qualified candidates should attach a cover letter, resume, and any other supporting documents such as letters of recommendation and certificates to Holly Honeycutt, – [email protected]