Varsity Track & Field – SPAA Meet at Woodlawn
– Girls placed 2nd and boys 4th in the team standings.
– Adina Jacobson set a huge PR in the 800m, taking 2nd place in the meet and the #5 spot on the all-time Woodlawn list.
– Carmen Lolla set a monster PR in the discus (placing 4th) and also PR’d in the shot put.
– Alyssa Verratti set a PR in the discus as well.
– Jesse Jacobson and RJ Klein took 2nd and 3rd places in the 400m in a photo finish, with PR and state-qualifying times that are #2 and #3 on the all-time Woodlawn list.
– Jackson McGeough took 2nd in the 800m with a PR and state-qualifying time, followed by Wesley Neal in 3rd place.
– New school record in the boys 4x800m (Jackson, RJ, Wesley, Jesse) – broke the old record by over 16 seconds!
– Aiden Lemons set PRs in both the 1600m (2nd place) and 800m.
– Syedgull Noor Ali continues to improve in the discus, setting a PR and breaking the 75-foot mark with a 6th place throw.
– Mark Cummings set PRs in the 800m and long jump.
– Gael Garza set a nice PR in the 3200m.
– James Folds returned to competition with a PR in the shot put and 4th place in the long jump.
– Ethan Essex scored in both the shot put and discus.