Woodlawn School is seeking full-time associate/assistant teachers to join us for the 2022-2023 academic year. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and grow as a professional educator under the guidance and support of our lower school lead teachers (PK-1st). We are seeking candidates that are nurturing and have a keen sense of child social-emotional and academic development. The successful candidate will be a learner-centered educator that embodies a growth mindset, and believes in fundamentally educating the whole-child. The associate teacher will embrace the responsive classroom philosophy, enjoy differentiating instruction, and is eager to contribute to our project-based interdisciplinary team.
The school seeks faculty members who are passionate about their respective areas of expertise, eager to collaborate with other teachers across disciplines, committed to ongoing professional development, and willing to contribute their talents and time to extra-curricular student programming and activities. Founded in 2002, Woodlawn School offers a challenging, project-based academic experience to students in grades kindergarten through twelve. Situated on a scenic, 61-acre campus one mile north of Davidson, North Carolina, the school is easily accessible from Interstate 77 and the surrounding Lake Norman communities. The campus’s administrative center is the historic Woodlawn home, built in 1836 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The school is accredited by both the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS/AdvancEd).
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a elementary education, or a related field; and eager to learn and grow as a professional educator
- Understanding of the developmental needs of preschool and kindergarten-aged students
- High degree of flexibility and collaboration
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to our project-based learning curriculum
- Passionate and interested in service learning and community building
- Two years or more of classroom experience in lower school education and/or early childhood education
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of independent school culture
Please send a letter of interest, resume, statement of philosophy and list of references to Holly Honeycutt, Associate Head of School, [email protected].