Upper School Math Teacher
Woodlawn School is currently seeking an experienced full-time upper school math teacher for the 23-24 school year. The ideal candidate is a curious, enthusiastic leader who models lifelong learning, enjoys working with high school-aged students, is comfortable teaching all levels of high school math and courses (including Algebra 2, Geometry, Precalculus, AP Calculus and/or Discrete), and has a strong interest in a project-based interdisciplinary curriculum.
The school seeks faculty members who are passionate about their respective areas of expertise, eager to collaborate with other teachers across disciplines, committed to ongoing professional development, and willing to contribute their talents and time to co-curricular and extra-curricular student programming and activities. Woodlawn offers a challenging, integrated academic experience and is accredited by both the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a math discipline, education, or related field; master’s preferred
- Understanding of the developmental needs of high school students
- A high degree of flexibility, adaptability, and eagerness to engage in lifelong learning
- Interest in service learning, community building, emotional intelligence, and a passion to actively integrate ideas and curriculum across disciplines
- Experience teaching high school match (ideally 3+ years)
- Experience and belief in differentiating math instruction
- Proactive and responsible written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of independent school culture
Qualified candidates should attach a cover letter, resume, and any other supporting documents such as letters of recommendation and certificates to the Associate Head of School, [email protected]
No phone calls, please.